SMS ‘WIN’ TO 14700 to register & receive 100 BONUS points.
(this is a free sms)
You’ll then receive multiple choice questions via SMS daily. SMS* your answers to 14707 and earn points.
CORRECT answers = 20 points, INCORRECT answers = 10 points
*Each SMS entry to 14707 costs R1.50
The more points you earn the more chances
you have to WIN!
- To opt out, sms STOP to 14700 (this is a free sms)
to check your point balance, sms BAL to 14700
(this is a free sms)
|Thamendree Pillay||22 April 2013||R 5000.00|
|Mtsijelelo Dijama||23 April 2013||R 5000.00|
|Christine Denyn||24 April 2013||R 5000.00|
|Anonymous||25 April 2013||R 5000.00|
|Vinesh Nankoo||26 April 2013||R 5000.00|
|Mdudzi Twala||27 April 2013||R 5000.00|
|Anonymous||28 April 2013||Tablet weekly winner|
|Rebecca Tembo||28 April 2013||Handset weekly winner|
|Linah Bathabile Mtsweni||28 April 2013||R 5000.00|
|Anonymous||29 April 2013||R 5000.00|
|Phanuel Mutsa Muyenge||30 April 2013||R 100 000.00|
|Anonymous||30 April 2013||Monthly top scorer|
|Nasir Mehmood||1 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Palesa Chabula||2 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Derick Malapane||3 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Nompumelelo Mncwango||4 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Anonymous||5 May 2013||Tablet weekly winner|
|Urick Ntodi||5 May 2013||Handset weekly winner|
|Anita Maraya||5 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Ramaepe Noge||6 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Patrick Thabo Monethi||7 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Anonymous||8 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Albertus Prinsloo||9 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Yacoob Rehman||10 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Anonymous||11 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Johann Augustinus De Bruyn||12 May 2013||Tablet weekly winner|
|Thulani Ndada||12 May 2013||Handset weekly winner|
|Ibrahim Barends||12 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Ramogotsi Tau||13 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Senzosakhe Buthelez||14 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Anonymous||15 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Ben Molamu||16 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Flackson Lifa||17 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Doiren Bandawe||18 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Anonymous||19 May 2013||R 5000.00|
|Katang Masemola||19 May 2013||Handset weekly winner|
|Nicola Baker||19 May 2013||Tablet weekly winner|
Frequently Asked Questions
BigBucks from Cell C is an interactive, question-based game where customers are challenged with general knowledge questions.
To register for the competition, you must SMS the word WIN to 14700 (SMS free).
Once you have registered, you will start receiving trivia questions..
You must send a response SMS to 14707 with your answers (charged at R1.50/SMS).
Each correct answer earns at least 20 points.
Each incorrect answer earns 10 points.
Participation in the BigBucks competition is via SMS:
- To opt in you will need to send an SMS with the word 'WIN' to 14700 (free of charge)
- To opt out you can SMS 'STOP' to 14700 or contact Customer Care
- As soon as you join, you will receive a Welcome SMS and you will be awarded 100 bonus points automatically.
There is no fixed amount of questions per day. As long as you keep answering questions, you will receive a new question. If you do not want to receive any more questions, you can opt out by sending the word STOP to 14700 (this is a free SMS).
- 73 x R5,000 daily
- 3 x R100,000 monthly
- 1 x R500,000 grand prize at the end of the competition
- 3 x R100,000 Top Scorer monthly
- 11 x R4,399 Galaxy S3 mini handsets weekly
- 11 x R8,499 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablets weekly
There are 2 ways in which you could win a prize:
- via a random draw; and/or
- if you are a top scorer
Each time that you submit an answer to a trivia question, you get awarded points. You earn at least 20 points for a correct answer and 10 points for an incorrect answer.
The number of points that you are awarded is equal to the number of entries you get in the random draw, eg.if you have 20 points, you will have 20 entries into the draw. The draw is completely random and the more entries you have, the higher your chance of winning.
The player with the highest number of points in that calendar month wins the R100,000 Top Scorer prize. There is NO draw and winning this prize is entirely dependent on your score.
The weekly draw takes place on a Monday morning for the previous week’s entries (Monday to Sunday). Winner’s names are published (only if they have granted us permission to do so) on the same Monday afternoon on Cell C’s website and Facebook page. The draws are audited by external Auditors, Grant Thornton.
We do not restrict the amount of times that a customer can be drawn as a winner. You could be a winner of the daily or monthly prize more than once and that person can even win the grand prize.
Terms & Conditions
- It is important that if you choose to enter this BigBucks competition (the “Competition”), you understand and agree to these rules.
- This Competition is organised and prizes are sponsored by Cell C (Pty) Limited, registration number 1999/007722/07 ("Cell C") and is open to all Cell C customers during the competition period set out below. Participants (as defined in clause 2.3 below) must be 18 years or older, or assisted by a parent or guardian.
- Directors, members, partners, employees or agents of or consultants to Cell C, or their sponsorship agency, or spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates of such persons are not eligible to enter the competition and cannot win prizes.
- The competition period will run from 00:00:00 on 22 April 2013 to 23:59:59 on 7 July 2013 ("the competition period").
- You understand that all information (including these rules) relating to this competition published on any promotional or advertising material or on our website at any time before or during the competition period will form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Cell C also has the right to withdraw this competition before the final draw.
- Cell C accepts no responsibility whatsoever for, including without limitation, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control and execution.
- The prizes that can be won are:
- 73 x R5,000 daily prizes;
- 3 x R100,000 monthly prizes
- 1 x R500,000 grand prize
- 3 x R100,000 monthly “Top Scorer” prizes
- 11 x weekly handset prizes (retail value R4,000 or more)
- 11 x weekly tablet device prizes (retail value R8,000 or more)
- The total value of the prizes is R1,606,878.00 (one million six hundred and six thousand eight hundred and seventy eight rand).
- It is important that you understand that all participants (and winners) (“Participants”) indemnify Cell C, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from its participation in this Competition.
- To participate in this Competition, you must:
- register for the Competition by sending an SMS with the keyword “WIN” to the number 14700. This registration SMS is free of charge;
- once you register for the Competition, you will receive a welcome SMS acknowledging registration and information on the Competition;
- You will then receive a second SMS with the first trivia question. Questions have two (2) possible answers: one answer is correct and the other incorrect. Participants answer the question by sending an SMS with their answer (number 1 or 2) to the number 14707. All SMSs are charged at R1.50 per SMS. Participants will not be able to use any free or bundled SMS to participate in the Competition ;
- for every question answered, the Participant will receive an SMS indicating whether the answer was correct or incorrect and a new question to answer.
- For each SMS sent to the number 14707 the Participant receives points, which accumulate during the Competition.
- By registering for the Competition, the Participant receives one hundred (100) points as a welcome bonus for free.
- During the Competition, the Participant will receive 20 points for each correct answer, and 10 points for each incorrect or invalid answer.
- During bonus phases of the Competition (”Bonus Phase”), Participants will receive additional points for each SMS than usual. Bonus Phases may last between 30 minutes and 24 hours. Prior to the commencement of the Bonus Phase, Cell C will communicate via SMS when the Bonus Phase will occur.
- A participant can check their points balance by sending an SMS with the keyword “BAL” to the number 14700. This SMS is free of charge.
- There will be a daily prizes, monthly prizes and one final grand prize at the end of the competition period. The draws are all random.
- Daily Cash Prizes:
- There will be seven (7) daily prizes per week of R5000 (five thousand rand) each for the duration of the competition period. However, in the week where the monthly cash prize winner is drawn, there will be only six (6) daily cash prizes. There will be one (1) winner and two (2) runners-up for every daily prize.
- The draws for the daily prizes will take place every Monday eg. the draws for the week commencing 22 April 2013 until 23:59:59 on 28 April 2013 will take place on Monday, 29 April 2013.
- All Participants who have sent at least 1 SMS from 00:00:00 up to 23:59:59 on that particular day are eligible to enter the daily draw for that particular day. Each Participant is awarded entries to the daily draw equal to the number of points accumulated from the start of the Competition up to 23:59:59 on that particular day eg. if you correctly answer 5 questions on Monday, you will accumulate 100 points and therefore will be entered 100 times in the daily draw. If you then answer one correct question on Tuesday, you will accumulate 20 points and will be entered 120 times in the Tuesday draw.
- Monthly Cash Prizes:
- There will be three (3) monthly prizes of R100,000 (one hundred thousand rand) each for the duration of the competition period. There will be one (1) winner and two (2) runners-up for every monthly prize.
- The draw for the monthly cash prize will take place on the Monday following the end of that month eg. the draw for the month commencing 22 April 2013 until 23:59:59 on 30 April 2013 will take place on Monday, 6 May 2013.
- All Participants who have sent at least 1 SMS during the month are eligible to enter the monthly cash prize draw for that month. Each Participant is awarded entries to the monthly draw equal to the number of points accumulated from the start of the Competition up to 23:59:59 on the last day of that particular month.
- Weekly Handset Prizes:
- For every week during the competition period, there will be one weekly handset prize (to the value of R4,000 or more). There will be one (1) winner and two (2) runner-ups for every weekly handset prize.
- The draw for the weekly handset prize will take place every Monday eg. the draw for the week commencing 22 April 2013 until 23:59:59 on 28 April 2013 will take place on Monday, 29 April 2013.
- All Participants who have sent at least 1 SMS during the week (Monday 00:00:00 to Sunday 23:59:59) are eligible to enter the weekly handset prize draw for that week. Each Participant is awarded entries to the weekly draw equal to the number of points accumulated from the start of the Competition up to Sunday 23:59:59 of that particular week.
- Weekly Tablet Device Prizes:
- For every week during the competition period, there will be one weekly tablet device prize (to the value of R8,000 or more). There will be one (1) winner and two (2) runner-ups for every weekly handset prize.
- The draw for the weekly tablet device prize will take place every Monday eg. the draw for the week commencing 22 April 2013 until 23:59:59 on 28 April 2013 will take place on Monday, 29 April 2013.
- All Participants who have sent at least 1 SMS during the week (Monday 00:00:00 to Sunday 23:59:59) are eligible to enter the weekly tablet device prize draw for that week. Each Participant is awarded entries to the weekly draw equal to the number of points accumulated from the start of the Competition up to Sunday 23:59:59 of that particular week.
- Grand Prize:
- There will be a final draw for the grand prize of R500 000.00 (five hundred thousand rand) on Monday 8 July 2013. There will be one (1) winner and two (2) runner-ups for the grand prize.
- All Participants who have sent at least 1 SMS from the start of the Competition up to 23:59:59 of the last day of the Competition are eligible to enter the grand prize draw. Each Participant is awarded entries to the grand prize draw equal to the number of points accumulated from the start of the Competition up to 23:59:59 on the last day of the competition period.
- Monthly Top Scorer Prize
- For every month during the competition period, there will be one monthly R100,000 Top Scorer prize (one hundred thousand). There will be one (1) winner and two (2) runner-ups for every monthly Top Scorer prize.
- The Participant who has earned the most points in that particular month will be awarded the monthly Top Scorer prize. The monthly Top Scorer prize will be awarded on the Monday following the end of every month eg. the award of the Monthly Top Scorer prize for the month commencing 22 April 2013 until 23:59:59 on 30 April 2013 will take place on Monday, 6 May 2013.
- Draws and declaration of winners will be conducted at Cell C premises in the presence of a Cell C representative and an external auditor.
- Participants may win more than one daily or weekly prize.
- Participants can opt out of the competition by sending an SMS with the keyword “STOP” to the number 14700. This SMS is free of charge.
- Cell C has the right at any time before any of the draws to change the dates or places of the draws (or both). You will not have a claim against Cell C in this event.
- You will be contacted by Cell C or Cell C's authorised agent on behalf of Cell C. All winners will be contacted via phone call to their MSISDN number used to participate in the Competition.
- All winners will be required to collect their prizes from Cell C or its authorised agent within 30 days from the day the winner is contacted. Any prize that is not collected for whatever reason will be forfeited. Cash prizes will be paid into the winner’s bank account within 30 days of the required documentation being received.
- The prize money will be paid into a South African bank account. If you are a winner and you do not have a South African bank account, you must provide Cell C with an affidavit which stipulates that you nominate a person with a South African bank account to receive the prize money on your behalf.
- Winners remain liable to pay taxes or other charges on the prize money.
- Winners must confirm in writing that they are the legal holders of their Cell C mobile and that they are entitled to the prize and fill all the necessary documents required by Cell C.
- If a winner cannot be contacted within 7 days from the draw date, or a notified winner refuses the prize or fails to appear to collect it within 30 days of notification, then Cell C will contact the runner-up winner. If neither the winner nor the runner-up winner accepts the prize or fails to collect the prize within 7 days of notification, then the winner and runner-up winner(s) will forfeit the prize.
- Prizes are neither transferable nor refundable.
- You will be required to produce proof of identity to Cell C's satisfaction. If you cannot provide proof of identity, you agree that you will not be entitled to the prize. You will have no claim against Cell C if this happens. If you are a cash prize winner, you will also have to supply bank-verified bank account details by fax or email to Cell C.
- Cell C’s decision is final. Cell C confirms that it will ensure that a independent accountant, registered auditor, admitted attorney or advocate oversees the Competition and this will be reported on Cell C’s internal audit reporting procedures.
- If you are winner, Cell C will ask you if we can publish your name and photograph at no cost to you, for any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material for a period of 12 (twelve) months from the end of the competition period. You are entitled to say no to this request.
- It is important that you understand that all Participants and winners indemnify Cell C, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from its participation in this Competition. Prior to awarding the prize, Cell C may require you to sign such an indemnity.
- Cell C may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions in its sole and absolute discretion on notice to you and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. By participating or continuing to participate in the promotion, you agree and understand that you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.