What is C Surance?
At Cell C we understand the importance a mobile phone plays in your daily life and just how you are impacted by the theft, loss or damage of the phone, let alone the costs associated with having to replace or repair a phone for cash.
We are proud to offer our customers C Surance, a fully comprehensive cellphone insurance product, underwritten by Etana Insurance Company Limited.
C Surance offers you the peace of mind of knowing your phone is covered for a variety of incidents. You can cover handsets up to a maximum of R20 000, at very affordable premiums.
C Surance benefits:
- Cover against theft, accidental loss and accidental physical damage
- SIM card cover for the replacement of a SIM in the event of the SIM being lost, stolen or damaged in conjunction with the cellphone it was registered with.
For an additional R30 per month, customers can apply for C Surance PLUS, which includes the following covers:
- Cover against unlawful usage of a SIM, for 24 hours after the phone has been reported lost or stolen.
- Cover on the amount outstanding on the account in the event of death, permanent disability or retrenchment.
- Extended warranty, up to 24 months, for phones that have a manufacturer warranty of less than 24 months.
C Surance premiums:
|Value of Cellphone||Monthly premium (VAT incl.)|
|1.||Up to R1 000||R35.00|
|2.||R1 001 to R2 500||R45.00|
|3.||R2 501 to R5 000||R69.00|
|4.||R5 001 to R7 500||R119.00|
|5.||R7 501 to R9 000||R149.00|
|6.||R9 001 to R12 000||R189.00|
|7.||R12 001 to R15 000||R239.00|
|8.||R15 001 to R20 000||R299.00|
|PLUS (Additional cover on options 1 to 8)||R30.00|
These premiums are only available to Cell C subscribers
Customers will be required to sign a separate debit order with the insurer for the monthly premium
Who can get C Surance?
C Surance is available to Postpaid and Top Up customers. Customers can activate C Surance at any point during their contract and the excess structure will apply.
Cell C is a leading mobile provider in South Africa, which offers a wide range of products and services, including voice, data and messaging services to more than 19 million customers. Offering some of the best value in the market, Cell C prides itself on its innovative product offerings and services. This is supported by its highly advanced network, which the company constantly expands through its continued investment. Cell C is also the brand behind The Cell C Sharks and Miss South Africa.