|WHAT IS AN UPGRADE?|
When you join the Cell C family as a postpaid subscriber, you sign up for a 6, 12 18 or 24 month contract with us. Once you have signed up, your subscriber contract can run for a period of 6, 12, 18 or 24 months, depending on your choice of contract duration.
When your contract expires, it becomes due for a renewal. This means that you can now upgrade your cellphone and enter into a new contract.
|WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF UPGRADING?|
There are several benefits to upgrading, including the fact that:
- you will receive a new cellphone of your choice on our tariff plan;
- there are a wide range of different cellphones available and you can pick a cellphone that you feel best suits your cellular spend needs;
- you will keep your cellphone number; and
- there are no lengthy credit checks especially if you are renewing your contract on the same tariff plan.
|WHEN CAN YOU UPGRADE?|
You can renew your contract in the following months:
- end of month 6 on a 6 month contract;
- on month 11 on a 12 month contract;
- on month 16 on a 18 month contract; and
- on month 21 on a 24 month contract.
To see if you can upgrade, simply dial *147# call from your Cell C phone. Select option 4 (Customer Info). Input your I.D. number and your upgrade date will appear, or alternatively, you can visit a Cell C store near you.
|ARE THERE ANY COSTS FOR UPGRADING?|
The stores can charge you an administration fee of up to R150 when you upgrade your contract. If the cellphone that you have chosen is not covered by our price plan, you will have to pay in the amount of the cellphone that is not covered by our price plan.
|WHERE CAN YOU FIND CELL C'S UPGRADE OFFERS?|
You can visit our upgrades deals section on the website to view our upgrade offers and our tariff plans. Alternatively, you can visit any Cell C store.
All other Upgrades Related Questions
You can use any one of the following methods to upgrade:
- online by clicking here
- by visiting any Cell C store; or
- by calling our call centre on 084 145 (free) from your Cell C cellphone.
Please note that you will be required to produce proof of identity prior to upgrading your contract.
No, when you upgrade your contract you will lose any unused airtime, SMS bundles as well as data bundles that you may currently have available.
Therefore it's important to use up your airtime, SMS bundles and data bundles before you upgrade.
You do not have to RICA your SIM card again if you upgrade and continue using the same SIM card.
If, however, you receive a new SIM card, you will have to RICA (register) your SIM card number before you can upgrade. You must bring the following documentation with you in order to have their SIM card registered:
- green bar-coded ID book or passport; or
- proof of physical address (such as a lights and water account or retail account which is not older than three (3) months)
If you upgrade at any of our stores or approved upgrade outlets, you will receive your phone immediately if the store or outlet has stock of the cellphone that you have chosen.
If you upgrade through our call centre (084 145), and we have stock of the cellphone that you have chosen, your phone will be delivered to you within 3 - 7 working days.
While upgrading, make sure that you enquire about any of our Value Added Services such as Itemised Billing, receiving your cellular bill statements via e-mail, data bundles, SMS bundles or MMS bundles.
Please make sure that you read the Terms and Conditions that apply to your contract with us before you upgrade.
You can download a copy of the Terms and Conditions from our website (www.cellc.co.za) or you can get a copy from any of our stores or approved upgrade outlets.