Enter the world of Queen B
Bonang is a leading South African celebrity, radio DJ, TV presenter, MC and business woman. Subscribers to the app will receive exclusive content on Bonang, including photos, videos, news feeds and opportunities to meet her.
The app is currently available on Google Play and the Apple app Store. Click below to download!
What does the Bonang by Cell C app offer?
- 7 day FREE trial.
- Front row access to rich and exclusive content that won't be found anywhere else.
- Opportunities to interact with Bonang on the Ask Me Anything (AMA) feature.
- Unique competitions and amazing prizes.
- Meet and greet opportunities.
How do I get the Bonang By Cell C app?
The Bonang by Cell C app is available on the Google Play Store and Apple app Store for download. The app is free, but customers will incur data charges at the applicable rates for downloading the app. The service is open to all Cell C Prepaid, Top Up and Postpaid customers.
How do I subscribe to receive daily content updates?
After downloading the app, customers have to subscribe to receive the daily content updates. Subscription will be charged to the customer's airtime or monthly bill:
Customers can activate the app by;
- SMS - send the word "B" to 14720, you will get a unique link which will then re-direct you to either the app store or the mobi site depending on the device.
- USSD - dial *133*100# , you will get a welcome SMS with a unique link which will then re-direct you to either the app store or the mobi site depending on the device.
- In-app - after downloading, open the app, accept the T&C's and subscribe to the service to start receiving daily content
- Non-Cell C customers - after downloading, open the app, accept the T&C's and subscribe to the service to start receiving daily content. Non-Cell C users will charge their subscription to their cheque / credit card.
How much does it cost?
|User||Subscription Fee (including VAT)|
|Cell C Prepaid and Top Up customer||R3 per day|
|Cell C Postpaid customer||R50 per month|
|Non-Cell C customer (Android)||R60 per month|
|Non-Cell C customer (iOS)||R59.99 per month|
What exactly is the Bonang by Cell C official app?
The Bonang by Cell C Official app is a fun way to get access to your favourite star's exclusive updates and everyday life.
You can also ask Bonang a question in the #AMA corner, or read what other fans have asked. The service will be promoted by a prize giveaway which is open to Cell C customers only.
By subscribing and being billed at least once in each draw period, you are entered into a draw for a Meet and Greet with Bonang (1 per month for 4 months from launch) and the final prize of a Mini Cooper at the end of January 2018.
What are the benefits of the Bonang by Cell C app?
- Front row access to rich and exclusive content that won't be found anywhere else.
- General exclusive images of Bonang and links to favourite videos, book launch, birthday celebration and events on her calendar.
- Opportunities to engage with Bonang and to ask Bonang questions and meet and greet occasions, etc.
How do I get the Bonang by Cell C app?
The Bonang by Cell C app will be free, but customers will incur data charges at the applicable rates for downloading the app. An active subscription is required in order to access premium content in the app.
Will the app be available for download on iOS?
The Bonang by Cell C app is now available on Android and iOS.
What if I don't have a smartphone?
Customers using feature phones can subscribe to the Bonang by Cell C service using the SMS and USSD options, and they will receive daily links via SMS to access the same content. The subscription fee remains the same as for the app.
Is the service only for Cell C customers?
The Bonang by Cell C service is open to residents of South Africa. The app is open to Cell C and non-Cell C customers. Non-Cell C customers will download the app in Google Play and subscribe using their credit card at a fee of R60 per month, or from the Apple app Store for R59.99 per month using their credit card. The other activation channels (SMS and USSD) will not be available to them.
What if I already follow Bonang on social media?
The content in the Bonang by Cell C app is all-exclusive and will not be available elsewhere, not even on her social media accounts.
There are also unique opportunities to interact with Bonang in-app with the AMA (Ask Me Anything) feature, opportunities to win a meet and greet Bonang, and chances for Cell C customers to win amazing prizes.
What if I download the app but I don't subscribe to the service?
If you download the Bonang by Cell C app and do not subscribe to the service, you will only get access to Bonang's social media feed in-app (Twitter and Instagram). The premium content is paid for and you have to subscribe to receive it.
What is the Service duration and promotion duration?
The app will be available indefinitely. The prize Promotion will have duration of 120 days from launch. The start date will be 01/08/2017 and the end date will be 30/11/2017. Draws will take place every month end.
Draw dates: 1 September, 2 October, 1 November and 1 December 2017.
What is a freemium offer and how does it work?
- At launch, each customer will be offered a free 7-day period for the premium service in which they will receive premium content. On day 7, customers will be notified that charging will commence from the next day. At this point customers can opt out of the service or continue to the charging model from day 8.
- All customers who subscribe for the first time to the service will be entitled to a free 7-day access to the service at no cost, regardless of the day they subscribe.
- After the free period, the customer will be charged the corresponding service cost.
- A customer is entitled to only one free period, so if a customer unsubscribes from the service after the end of the trial period and then registers again, the customer will not get an additional free period.
- The freemium offer is a promotion and will be available until 4 April 2018 thereafter customers will be charged from the first day of activation of the Bonang By Cell C service.
Is the Bonang by Cell C official app free?
Downloading the app is free, but an active subscription is required in order to access the premium content.
To subscribe, you can send the word OK to 14720 or dial *133*100#.
How do I get entered into the competition draws?
Subscribed users will be entered into the draw if they are billed successfully at least once in each draw period for both the Mini Cooper and the Meet and Greet with Bonang.
How do I know if I have won a prize?
To enter the draws and stand a chance to win prizes, you need to be an active Cell C subscriber, and have subscribed at least once to the Bonang by Cell C service. Subscribers will need to be billed at least once in the draw period in order to be entered into the draw. Cell C will be responsible for winners' verification and any additional eligibility rules and prize distribution. For more information, please refer to the Cell C website www.cellc.co.za
I've subscribed and received a link to download an Android (or iOS app), but I don't have an Android (or Apple) device. What do I do?
No worries! In this case, you will be redirected automatically to the mobile site at http://mobile-bonang.up.st (for HTML5) and http://mobisite-bonang.up.st (for HTML), where you will be offered the same exclusive content. If your device doesn't have an active internet connection or WiFi you can still enjoy the premium content via daily SMS.
How do I unsubscribe from the Bonang by Cell C service?
You can unsubscribe from the service using one of the following options;
1.SMS - send the word "STOP" to 14720 (free SMS)
2.USSD - dial *133*101# to unsubscribe
3.USSD - dial *133*1# and select Opt Out, select Bonang by Cell C and confirm.
4.In the Bonang By Cell C app - select Unsubscribe and follow the instructions (Cell C and non-Cell C users)
5.If you are subscribed via Google Play, you can cancel your subscription from your Google Play account
- Open the Google Play Store app. Tap Menu > My Apps > Subscriptions and tap on the app the subscription of which you'd like to cancel.
- Alternatively, tap Menu > My Apps > Tap the Bonang By Cell C app > Tap the app's detail page.
6. If you are subscribed via Apple app Store, you can cancel your subscription from your Apple app Store account.
- Launch the app Store app. Tap Menu > My Apps > Subscriptions and tap on the app the subscription of which you'd like to cancel.
- Alternatively, tap Menu > My Apps > Tap the app the subscription of which you'd like to cancel > Tap the app's details page.
Can I cancel my subscription at any time?
You can cancel at any time. After cancellation, you will have access to the content until the last day of the current billing cycle. After the current billing period ends, you will no longer have access to the service. You can subscribe again at any time.
I deleted the app but I'm still getting charged. Why?
Your subscription is independent of the app installation. Even if you have uninstalled the app, your subscription is still active. You can cancel your subscription by sending STOP at 14720 (free SMS) in case you are subscribed via Cell C, Apple app Store or from your Google Play account.
Why don't I have access to the content?
To access the content, you'll need an active subscription. To sign up for a subscription, refer to the "How do I subscribe section" above. Please also ensure that you have sufficient balance in order to have access to the content.
How do I log in?
Your phone number is your log in. Open the app and follow the instructions of the login page: Insert your phone number, tap 'Next' and wait for the PIN. We'll send it via SMS. Insert the PIN and tap 'Subscribe'.
I forgot my PIN. What should I do?
If you're using a smartphone you can open the app, select Log in and insert your mobile number. On the next screen tap "Forgot your PIN access code". A new PIN will be sent to you via SMS.
If you're using a feature phone, you can send an SMS with the word PIN to 14720 (at no cost) and your PIN will be sent to you.
I've sent a question via the AMA section on the app and I don't see it answered. What happened?
Due to the large number of questions we receive, it takes some time to process them all. If your question does not contain offensive language and hasn't been answered before, it is already on our priority list.
I've subscribed but articles are still locked. Why?
Upon first subscription, you will receive one week free to access all the content. If you cannot access the content when the free week is over this is because there might be an issue with your subscription payment. We would advise to check your account balance if you are subscribed or check your payment details on your Google Play account or Apple account if you are subscribed via Google Play or Apple app Store. Once you have successfully paid for your subscription you will have access to the premium content. If your payment is successful, but you still have limited access, please contact our Support team via the application by tapping Menu > Settings > Support.
How can I turn app notifications one and off?
You can manage push notifications the same way you do it for any app.
- Go to your Android or Apple Device Settings > Notifications
- Find the app on the list
- Enable/Disable push notifications
Can I access the app from more than one device?
Yes. Your subscription is linked to your Phone number (if you are subscribed via Cell C), your Google account (if you are subscribed via Google Play) or Apple account (if you are subscribed via Apple app Store) and not to the device, therefore you can install the app on the new or additional Android device, or access the mobile site on any mobile device with access to the Internet.
Do I need an internet connection to access the premium content?
Yes, you need an active connection to the internet to access the website and the app.
I sent an SMS to 14720 but didn't receive an SMS response, why?
If you have not received an SMS response, verify the following:
- Check if your mobile is full and doesn't have enough memory to receive new messages. Please erase some messages to free up memory.
- Please check the mobile phone is within network coverage area. Under no or limited signal coverage, the SMS might have failed to reach you.
- Your message was sent to the incorrect number. Write a new message and send it to the right short code.
There is a chance the network in your area is overloaded at the moment. Please be patient. If you don't receive a message within 15 minutes, please send a new SMS.