CONTRACTS and PREPAID FAQ
If you do not use your number for longer than 120 days your number will be terminated and you will need to buy a new starter pack with a new number.
Cell C lets you choose between a 1-month, 12-month and 24-month contract, with offers such as Contract Buyout, reduced call rates on international outgoing calls and per second billing. We offer contracts that are unique in the industry with choices such as included minutes or SMS's, the lowest peak rates on international and fixed line calls, telemetry and much more.
All prospective Cell C contract customers are subject to a credit check before contract connection. This is standard business practice when opening any credit account ensuring that the application is free from fraud .
To apply for a Cell C contract you will need to provide all of the following documentation/information:
- Fully completed subscriber agreement including package description, number of lines, etc.
- Subscriber Agreement must be signed in both places and all Value added services requested must be initialled
- Proof of income-Salary slip or bank statements
- Proof of address (Any account depicting an address-Postal or Residential)
- Copy of ID, driver's license or passport
- Minimum salary of R3000 is required
- Debit order is mandatory
Savings Accounts and Transmission Accounts
- 3 months bank statements OR 2 months bank statements AND a copy of a recent pay slip
Normal Current Accounts
- 1 month bank statement AND a copy of a recent pay slip
- Minimum 2 months bank statements AND a cancelled cheque to verify account holder details
Preferential Current Accounts
- 1 month bank statement OR 1 month internet statements AND cancelled cheque to verify account holder details
- Cancelled cheque to verify account holder details AND copy of linked credit card
Credit Card Accounts Normal Credit Cards
- Proof of income or a recent pay slip AND copy of credit card OR 2 months bank statements AND copy of credit card
Status Credit Cards and Private Banking
- Cancelled cheque to verify account holder details from linked account AND copy of credit card OR 1 months bank statement AND copy of credit card.
It’s the flexibility you get in choosing the option that suits your needs. Depending on the contract period the cellphone subsidy you get may also vary.
Final approval of your contract application is done by Cell C, after a credit check.
A contract is a legal agreement between you and Cell C. A contract allows you access to certain services at certain rates for a specified time period.
Once you've exhausted your monthly inclusive minutes, you can top up with airtime at any time.
Billing or account queries can only be handled by your service provider. Please contact Cell C Customer Care on 140 (free from a Cell C mobile number).
Yes. When you make a call, you will be charged on a per second basis from the first second.
Yes, with Top Up you can dial *101# or phone 141 from your cellphone to get your balance. Alternatively, download our mobile app or register on cellc.co.za under Self Service.
Simply dial 141 from your Cell C phone and listen to the voice prompt. An automated response will inform you of your inclusive minutes, as well as your account balance to date. Alternatively, download the Cell C mobile app or register on cellc.co.za under Self Service.
All Cell C subscribers are responsible for paying their bills on time through their service provider.
Inclusive benefits refer to the minutes, data and SMS you get as part of your monthly subscription fee on contracts. Most of our packages offer inclusive benefits, except for telemetry and casual SMS that only offer inclusive SMS's instead of talk time. Be sure to check how much inclusive benefits you have available by dialling *101#.
It will be on the first day of your activation date, and then on the 1st of every month thereafter.
Calls to the following Telkom numbers are charged at applicable rates: 080, 0860, 0861, 0862, 0881, 089, 09800, 101x and 102x. These calls are not deducted from included minutes. All international SMS are charged at R1.50 irrespective of time of day.
This is a once-off fee that you are charged when you subscribe and activate a new phone on a network.
- Fully completed Subscriber Agreement
- Subscriber Agreement needs to be signed and all value-added services requested must be initialled
- Payslip and 3 months recent bank statements
- Proof of address - an account posted to and depicting your postal or residential address
- Only green bar-coded ID Documents (unfortunately, drivers licences are not accepted)
- A debit order is a mandatory requirement
- Additional documents may be requested by credit vetting department when required
This is package dependant. Not all free minutes are carried over .