Multi-Data Connect service conveniently lets you share data across multiple devices using one data plan. Multi-Data Connect will change how you buy and use data and creates the simplicity you have been waiting for.
- Consolidate all your data plans into one. Multiple devices can now simultaneously consume data from one account
- Get one bill for all your usage
- Now you only have one data contract
- Connect up to 14 SIMs to share data. Activate your choice of Cell C SmartData package and share data on your linked SIMs across all your devices
Can I add Multi-Data Connect to my existing Postpaid or Prepaid account?
Yes you can, Multi-Data Connect is a value added service available to existing Postpaid, Hybrid and Prepaid customers. It can be bundled as an add-on to your account.
Where can I activate Multi-Data Connect?
Multi-Data Connect can be activated in store at all Cell C stores, franchise outlets or through your Business Sales and Government Sales representatives.
How do I share data?
Activate your contract at a Cell C store or through a franchise, purchase the additional SIMs and link up to 14 SIMs to one primary account and share data across all SIMs. For existing customer, purchase the additional SIMs at a Cell C store or Franchise and link the SIMs instore. Once complete the linked SIMs will share data from the Primary account.
Do other data bundle types allow you to share data?
Yes, all data bundles can be shared across the SIMs, except for Infinity products or products/bundles with an unlimited value including Dual SIM and Bulk APN.
Who pays for the data shared?
The primary account is billed for all data usage and the data shared with all linked SIMs.
How many SIMs can I share data with?
You can link up to 14 SIMs on Multi-Data Connect to one primary account or SIM card.
How much data can I share?
You can share all the data available on the primary SIM account that is shared across all your SIM cards. This includes in-bundle data and data bundles bought on the primary account, as well data bundles bought on any of the linked SIMs.
How long does the shared data valid for?
Data will continue to be shared with all linked SIMs as long as the primary SIM is active or as long as the linked SIM is active and linked to a primary SIM.
Is Multi-Data Connect available to existing customers or new customers only?
Multi-Data Connect is available to new and existing customers, including consumers, business and government customers.
Is there a limit of how much data can be shared?
No, you can share as much data as you like, as long as there is a bundle available on primary and linked SIMs.
- For prepaid customers, as long as there is a positive balance
- For Top Up customers, as long as there is in-bundle data or a data bundle is bought
- For postpaid customers, as long as your monthly usage limit has not been reached on the primary SIM.
Is there a SIM and Connection Fee?
No, there is no SIM and Connection fee for Multi-Data Connect, only a R5 subscription fee for each linked SIM activated under the primary account.
How is the primary account billed for the linked SIMs?
For prepaid customers, the primary account must have a positive balance within a 30-day period or 30-days from the day of activation. For Top Up and postpaid customers, a R5 subscription fee will be billed to the primary account.
Who can add or remove linked SIMs?
Only the primary SIM holder can add or remove or delink linked SIMs from the primary account.
- It is important that you understand and agree to these terms and conditions as well as the terms and conditions set out in the Individual Subscriber Agreement and the Corporate Subscriber Agreement (where applicable) in order to make use of the Multi Data Connect Product ("Multi Data Connect").
- All standard Terms and Conditions of Cell C (Pty) Ltd and Cell C Service Provider Company (Pty) Ltd ("Cell C") apply to the Multi Data Connect.
- All prices and usage rates advertised include VAT, unless otherwise stated.
- Standard RICA rules and processes apply. The Primary SIM and all Linked SIMs will have to be RICA'd.
- Multi Data Connect excludes all Infinity products and products with unlimited value.
- Each SIM in the Multi Data Connect account will be assigned a cell phone number.
Prepaid Airtime notification:
- a) The subscriber will be notified in time to reload airtime as the subscription fee will be deducted for the Linked SIM service. A SMS notification will be sent to the primary SIM of the account.
- b) The above SMS will be sent 5 days before the expiry of the service on the linked SIM.
- c) If a Prepaid customer does not have sufficient funds to cover the monthly cost of R5.00 then the outgoing usage will also be blocked on this number.
- The Linked SIM has to be a new SIM in this solution.
- A new customer who has subscribed to Multi Data Connect has the option to choose which SIM will be used as the primary SIM. This SIM will be called the Primary SIM. The other SIMs that will be used for the other devices are called the linked SIMs. Each linked SIM will be automatically provided with the same product, VAS/Bundles, Network services as chosen and activated on the Primary SIM for data usage only.
- For an existing customer, the existing SIM will be termed as the Primary SIM and any new SIMs requested to be linked to the Primary SIM for other devices will be termed as the Linked SIM. All Linked SIMs linked to a Primary SIM of an existing customer must be a new SIM that will share the data value only.
- The Linked SIM is always linked to the tariff plan or product activated on the Primary SIM.
- Tariff changes are only permitted by the primary SIM.
- The Linked SIM cannot migrate out from the original subscriber to another subscriber. It can only can be de-activated / cancelled.
- Should there be agreement for the Primary SIM to be cancelled, all Linked SIMs must be cancelled too, i.e. Linked SIMs cannot exist without the Primary SIM
- The E-care Account is only for the Primary SIM and login is allowed only for the Primary SIM.
- Chargeable services (e.g. BIS, BES, etc.) are only for the Primary SIM.
The following rules apply based on the sharing of DATA:
- The DATA in the 3GB SmartData main product can be used by both the Primary and the Linked SIMs;
- The DATA in the 200GB GIGANITE main product can be used by both the Primary and the Linked SIMs;
- Mega Bonus values cannot be shared with Linked SIMs;
- Supercharge bonus values cannot be shared with Linked SIMs
- Infinity products and products with unlimited value cannot be shared with the Linked SIM.
- Pinnacle 1, Pinnacle 2 and Pinnacle 3 data values cannot be shared with the linked SIM.
- Recharges can only be done by the Primary SIM. All recharges will reflect as one common balance and shared by the Primary as well as all associated linked SIMs for the option chosen. However, the Linked SIM will only be able to share the data value. Emergency Airtime cannot be requested by Linked SIMs. Existing Emergency Airtime rules apply.
- The main account holder with the Primary SIM will be liable for all charges incurred on any of the linked SIM cards. Cell C will not be liable for any charges incurred by Linked SIM users, whether such usage was authorised or not.
- It is the Primary SIM holder's responsibility to keep track of where SIM cards are and how they are being used at all times. Cell C cannot be held liable for usage incurred by a third party who acquired a Primary or Linked SIM as a result of any SIM being lost, stolen or misplaced.
- Porting IN & OUT for Primary and Linked is permitted (Corporate porting rules will apply, if applicable )
- International data roaming will be charged as per normal Cell C rates for both the Primary and selected Linked SIMs.
- Only the Primary SIM can request as to which Linked SIMs will be activated for International data roaming.
- On cancellation of Multi Data Connect by the Primary SIM holder - the Linked SIM user will be given the option to keep their number on prepaid.
Validity and Expiry:
- For Postpaid customers: Multi-Device is valid for as long as the Primary SIM is valid or until the Primary SIM holder's contract is cancelled.
- For PrePaid customers: The primary SIM must have sufficient airtime to cover the requested services.
- All values and amounts will deplete off the Primary SIM holder's account.
- Only DATA can be shared with the Linked SIMs
Product & service changes and information:
- Only the subscriber/account holder under which the Primary SIM allocated may request information, add or cancel any associated value and added services, such as roaming, provisioned against Multi Data Connect.
- If a migration takes place to a tariff plan that supports Multi Data Connect and there are active Linked SIMs associated with the tariff plan, the active Linked SIM(s) will be migrated and linked to the new price plan and the prevailing terms and conditions of the new price plan will apply.
- Only the subscriber/account holder under which the Primary SIM is allocated may cancel the Multi Data Connect product. 30 days written notice should be provided before the cancellation can be processed.
- If the Primary SIM is deactivated, all linked SIMs will be automatically de-activated from the Multi Data Connect product and given the option to move over to prepaid.
- Standard Cell C terms and conditions in respect of Cancellation will apply.
- Customers will be charged standard contract cancellation fees when cancelling the main Primary account only. No cancellation fees will apply on cancelling of an additional linked SIM.
- The customer is permitted to cancel one or more Linked SIM if required. The request for cancellation must be from the Primary SIM holder only.
- Cell C may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions for Multi Data Connect in its sole and absolute discretion, on notice to you, and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. By continuing to use Multi Data Connect, you agree and understand that you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.
- It is important that you understand that all customers who make use of Multi Data Connect indemnify Cell C, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from their use of Multi Data Connect and its benefits.
- Cell C has the right to withdraw Multi Data Connect in its sole discretion and absolute discretion and will notify customers if it chooses to do so. Customers will not have a claim against Cell C in this event.