Enjoy a revolutionary MediaPlay experience with Fibre from Cell C. Fibre means you will enjoy high-definition movies and series, while jamming to high-quality music at super-fast speeds. MediaPlay Fibre is a ground-breaking converged tariff plan, with uncapped fibre and C-Fibre connector mobile that's inclusive of voice, data and Wi-Fi calling benefits, as well as the BINGE Premium entertainment package on black.
Where can I sign up for this plan?
The plans will be available via the following channels only:
What is the contract duration of MediaPlay Fibre?
- Notwithstanding the date of the fibre installation, the use of the MediaPlay Fibre tariff plans will be on a month to month basis, until such time as MediaPlay Fibre is cancelled.
- A 24-month pro-rated clawback in the event of an early cancellation of the contract, i.e. the customer will be liable for the outstanding pro-rata amount of the installation, connection, Wi-Fi router or black Smartbox (as applicable) should you cancel the contract within the first 24 month period from the service activation date.
Is MediaPlay Fibre bundled with a mobile handset?
The C-Fibre Connector mobile service on MediaPlay Fibre is offered on SIM only and a mobile handset is not included as part of the service. The customer may purchase the mobile handset separately.
Can an existing Cell C Fibre and Cell C mobile voice customer migrate to MediaPlay Fibre?
Migrations of existing Cell C Fibre and Cell C mobile voice tariff plans to MediaPlay Fibre are allowed. However, the Cell C mobile voice tariff plan will first be migrated to a pre-paid tariff plan, as customers are first required to settle any outstanding pro-rata clawback amounts owing on their mobile handsets, before their existing Cell C mobile line can be converted to the MediaPlay Fibre tariff plan.
Are C-Fibre Connector mobile SIM cards offered on a post-paid or hybrid tariff plan?
C-Fibre Connector mobile SIM cards on MediaPlay Fibre are available on a hybrid tariff plan and should the subscriber run out of the inclusive benefits, either they can go out of bundle or they can purchase a top-up bundle provided the SIM card is recharged with airtime to their airtime wallet. To send an SMS a customer will be required to recharge with airtime.
Which numbers can I call using my inclusive any-net mobile voice minutes?
- The inclusive mobile voice and Wi-Fi calling minutes will be applicable across all local mobile networks including national roaming.
- Cell C will not be liable for charges incurred where the subscriber dials non-qualifying numbers. Qualifying numbers include all numbers that are serviced by National Mobile Operators, including Telkom and Neotel fixed lines in South Africa.
- All international calling and premium rated calls will be excluded from the inclusive C-Fibre Connector mobile voice benefit. This usage will be billed at the applicable out of bundle rate, provided the C-Fibre Connector customer has sufficient airtime in their airtime wallet.
- Community Service Telephones, Low Cost Routing and WASPs/Premium Rated Services will be billed at applicable out of bundle rates, provided the C-Fibre Connector customer has sufficient airtime in their airtime wallet.
Can I use my inclusive data benefit when roaming internationally?
- The inclusive mobile data benefit can only be used when the customer is on the Cell C network or on the network of Cell C’s South African roaming partners within South Africa.
- Data consumption while roaming internationally will not deplete from the inclusive mobile data. International roaming Data rates will apply and this usage will be billed at the applicable out of bundle rate, provided the C-Fibre Connector customer has sufficient airtime in their airtime wallet.
Is C-Fibre Connector on MediaPlay Fibre eligible for Multi SIM and dual device?
No, the individual mobile SIM cards provided on C-Fibre Connector plans have inclusive benefits allocated per SIM card and are not eligible for dual SIM and dual device.
Will I pay a SIM and connection fee for every mobile SIM card linked to C-Fibre Connector on MediaPlay Fibre?
No, the SIM and connection fee is not applicable.
Can I Port-In my mobile number to Cell C to take up this offer?
Yes, Port-IN of numbers will be allowed for customers porting from other mobile operators to the Cell C MediaPlay Fibre plan. Port-IN will be applicable to C-Fibre Connector mobile SIM cards only. Port-IN will only be initiated once the C-Fibre service is active.
How will the billing work?
- Pro-rata billing of the monthly subscription fee will only apply in the first month that the fibre service is activated; thereafter the full month’s subscription based on the package selected will be due monthly. The billing increment will be per second billing from the 1st second for a voice call and 25KB for data increments.
- In return for the provision of Services, you are required to pay the monthly Subscription Fee, which is billed to you in advance. The Subscription Fee that you pay at the end of a month is for the next month’s services.
- Upon successful application for MediaPlay Fibre, Cell C will deduct an equivalent of one month’s subscription fee (plus any other applicable costs) immediately from the customer’s credit card, as an upfront payment for the MediaPlay Fibre service. In order to do so, Cell C will require the customer’s credit card details, in order to facilitate the upfront payment.
Which black service do I have access to on MediaPlay Fibre?
MediaPlay Fibre offers access to the BINGE Premium entertainment package on black only. Should the customer wish to access other black services that include FOX channel, Rentblack, Buyblack, Kidsblack, Audioblack, Sportsblack, Playblack, Betblack or Ticketblack, they can do so directly on the black website or via the TV using the black Smartbox or via the black app; however, these services will come at an additional cost.
What does BINGE Premium include?
BINGE Premium includes FLEXI Premium PLUS BTV Premium 24/7 with over 60 TV channels.
Is black data available on C-Fibre Connector Mobile plan?
Customers that sign-up for MediaPlay Fibre will receive unlimited free black streaming data included on C-Fibre Connector Mobile. The unlimited free black streaming data is on promotion until 10 November 2018.
Will I have to pay extra for unlimited black streaming data?
No, the unlimited black streaming data included on C-Fibre Connector Mobile is free until 10 November 2018, after which customers will be required to purchase additional data bundles or black data bundles to stream content on their mobile phones.
Can I use my unlimited black streaming data for any other internet use?
No, the unlimited black streaming data included on C-Fibre Connector Mobile can only be used for black usage (i.e. streaming content on the black platform). No other data usage will be allowed using the inclusive free unlimited black data.
Can I use my unlimited black streaming data if I am roaming on Vodacom?
No, national roaming on Vodacom, will NOT be allowed when using the inclusive free unlimited black data.
Can I use my unlimited black streaming data if I am roaming internationally?
No, international roaming will NOT be allowed.
How do I activate my BINGE Premium entertainment package on black?
- Activate BINGE Premium
- Step 1: In order to provide you with access to the BINGE Premium entertainment package on black, Cell C requires you to verify your email address and account for security reasons. You will receive an email, immediately your order is created, with an email verification link.
- Step 2: Click on the link provided on email, to proceed with the email verification process.
- Step 3: You will be re-directed to a webpage, where you will be required to enter in the text box, your primary mobile number linked to your MediaPlay Fibre Order if you are a new customer or your mobile number linked to your Cell C account if you are an existing Cell C customer.
- Step 4: Once your email address and account has been verified, your account on black will be activated and you will receive your login details (username and password) to access your black Please note that the BINGE Premium package will only be active, once your Fibre line is installed and the Fibre service activated. In the meantime, you will have access to explore the other services offered on black whilst you wait.
- Step 5: Your Fibre line is now installed and the Fibre service activated, you will now receive a confirmation that your BINGE Premium service is now active.
- Setting up the black Smartbox
- Follow the step-by-step, easy-to-follow guide provided to help you connect your black It is quite simple, unpack the box, connect the power cable and the HDMI cable to the box and your TV. All you now need is your C-Fibre internet connection and you are now ready to convert your TV into a smart entertainment experience and access a world of content for the whole family.
- Download our GETblack app for additional devices
- Downloading our app for additional devices is easy. All you need is any android or iOS smartphone or tablet. Go to the google play store or the app store. Search for #GETblackand download our app OR visit black.co.za to watch black across multiple devices.
Is a black Smartbox included in the MediaPlay Fibre plan?
Yes, customers will receive a black Smartbox as part of the MediaPlay Fibre offer. In addition, customers can also download and/or stream the BINGE Premium entertainment package from the black Android and iOS apps, as well as stream from any compatible PC and/or tablet.
Will I be able to start using the service as soon as I sign up for it?
- No, to activate MediaPlay Fibre service, a customer first needs to be activated on the fibre service. MediaPlay Fibre service will be in a pending state until the fibre installation is complete and activated.
- A MediaPlay Fibre customer will be required to complete the email verification process, which is initiated once the order and an email verification link is sent to the customer, in-order for the customer account to be created on black. This is a mandatory step without, which a customer will not have access to their BINGE Premium package on black.
- The BINGE Premium entertainment package on black will be activated as soon as the Fibre service is activated.
- RICA, Port-IN and Shipping of C-Fibre Connector mobile SIM cards, black Smartbox and Wi-Fi Router will only be initiated once the fibre has been installed and the fibre service has been activated and not prior to this happening.
How long does it take to have my fibre line installed and connected after placing my order with Cell C?
The turnaround times are dependent on the fibre network operator servicing your area. The time to install and be connected will vary between 7 working days and up-to 6 weeks for areas that are active or fibre rollout is in progress.
How do I check my balance?
You can check your balance in the following ways:
- Download the Cell C App on your Android or iPhone smartphone, or
- Register for Self Service online.