Data Transfer allows you to buy a Data bundle and share your data with anyone on Cell C. Friends can share with friends, parents can share with kids, employers can share with employees, just about anyone can share their data. You can share up to 5 of your closest friends. All you need to do is buy a Data bundle by dialling *147# and select option 3 to share your data.
Alternatively, you can get a friend to top you up with data, by dialling *112*1*CellCPhoneNumber#
Who is eligible to share data?
Data Transfer is applicable to Prepaid, Post-paid and Top-up customers who currently have a Data bundle and want to transfer it to a friend.
Where can I find Data Transfer?
Data Transfer is activated by dialling *147# and selecting option 3 to transfer data. Alternatively, you can request a friend to top you up with data by dialling *112*1*CellCPhoneNumber#.
How do I transfer data?
Input a valid Cell C number to transfer data. You may add up to 5 beneficiaries that you wish to share your data with.
Do other data bundle types allow you to share data?
No, only Data bundles allow you to share data.
Who pays for the transferred data?
The person who is sharing the data will pay for the data being transferred and their Data bundle will be depleted with the value shared.
Must I have a Data bundle to receive the data?
The receiver of the Data bundle gift does not need to have a Data bundle.
How many users can I share Data bundle with?
Data bundle can be shared to multiple users, however, the receiver cannot re-share the transferred data.
How much Data bundle can I share?
You can select any Data bundle value to share from a minimum of 5MB to the highest Data bundle value available for transfer.
What is the validity of the transferred data?
You will have 7 days validity from date of data transfer.
When I am transferred a Data bundle, can I extend my expiry date?
You can extend the expiry date of the transferred Data bundle by purchasing another Data bundle prior to expiry of the transferred data value.
When can a Data bundle be shared?
Anytime, as long as the Data bundle is still within validity period.
How many times can I share data?
You can share data as many times as you wish to other Cell C numbers. However, the receiver cannot share the transferred data.
How can I make my Data transferring simple?
You can manage your beneficiaries by adding and deleting beneficiaries when you wish.
- The Data Transfer Service ("Data Transfer") will be applicable to Prepaid, Post-paid, and Hybrid (Top-up) customers who currently have a Data bundle and wish to transfer a portion of the data to friends and families.
- Once you have purchased a Data bundle, then data can only be transferred between Cell C numbers.
- Data Transfer will be available from the 01 February 2016.
- You can share some of your Data bundle via USSD (*147#).
- You can select a variable Data bundle value to share from a minimum of 5MB to the highest Data bundle value available for transfer.
- Where a portion of Data bundle is shared then the recipient will get 7 (seven) days to use the data.
- The recipient of the Data bundle cannot further share the data with another Cell C customer.
- You can only share unused data value on Data bundle if the data is still within the validity period.
- The recipient who gets the data will receive an SMS notification of the data transfer and will receive the data immediately on transfer.
- There is no limit to a number of customers that you can share the Data bundle with however the person who receives the data cannot further share.
- Data Transfer is only for data usage, the shared data can only be used for the consumption of data. The data cannot be used for International roaming.
- You can have an option to add up to 5 beneficiaries that you can share/gift the data to.
- Once the main customer has shared their Data bundle, then the remaining validity of the original Data bundle still applies to the remaining balance available.
- You can request a friend to top you up with data by dialling *112*1*CellCPhoneNumber#
- The current standard data migration rules for Data bundle must apply.
- If you want to do a price plan migration to any price plan, you shall carry over the Data Transfer bundle where it is eligible.
- You cannot cancel the shared Data bundle or data value.
- Depletion rules
|Account Type||Recharge Bonus||Campaign Data||Nite Data||Shared Data||All in One Data||Data Bundle||Emergency Airtime||Bundle Prepaid Airtime|
- First any data recharge Bonus shall be depleted for any data usage.
- Then campaign data if applicable
- Then Nite data if applicable
- Then Shared Data
- Thereafter All in One vouchers if applicable
- Thereafter any data bundles if applicable
- Then Emergency Airtime if available
- And final paid for Prepaid Airtime
- All standard terms and conditions of Cell C (Pty) Limited and Cell C Service Provider Company (Pty) Limited apply.
- All prices shown include VAT.
- The Cell C depletion rules, prepaid, post and hybrid tariff plan and business rules apply. These can be found at www.cellc.co.za or at a Cell C store.
- Standard RICA process and business rules apply. These processes and business rules can be found at http://www.cellc.co.za/about/rica
- All Data usage, from the time of activation until expiry or depletion (whichever comes first) will be deducted from the balance of the preloaded data bundle. Data may not and cannot be transferred from one user to another or converted into Rand value.
- Should the customer deplete his/her Data allocation before the end of the validity period, the applicable out of bundle Data rates will apply.
- The billing increments will be at 25KB
- Non-Data usage (voice, SMS and MMS) shall be billed as per the Customer's tariff plan.
- Cell C may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions in its sole and absolute discretion on notice to you and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. By continuing to use the Data Transfer and Data bundles, you agree and understand that you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.
- It is important that you understand that all customers who make use of Data Transfer and Data bundles indemnify Cell C, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from their use of Data Transfer and its benefits.
- Cell C has the right to withdraw, or shorten the duration of Data Transfer in its sole and absolute discretion and will notify customers if it chooses to do so. Customers will not have a claim against Cell C in this event.