Phones have changed, and what everyone can't get enough of is entertainment. That's why we have created MediaPlay - Your all-in-one enjoyment destination, free to stream the best entertainment on black TV, with unlimited data. Plus, you can also rent or buy the best movies as they leave the cinema.
MediaPlay gives you world-class entertainment with your minutes, data and SMSs. Up to 58 channels, bringing you everything from series, movies, kids' shows, music sports, news and so much more, all through a smart phone contract that also gives you a better deal.
Where can I sign up for this plan?
The plans will be available via the following channels only:
- Cell C owned and Franchise Stores
- Online (new line activations)
- Retentions Call Centre (upgrades/renewals)
- Cell C Direct
Can I migrate to the MediaPlay Mobile plans?
Yes, you can migrate to MediaPlay Mobile in store or via Cell C Direct.
What is the duration of the contract?
You can sign-up for a month-to-month, 6, 12, 18 or 24-month SIM only contract. Handset deals are only 24 months.
What is the difference between any-net and on-net minutes?
- The inclusive any-net minutes apply to on-net and off-net calls
- The inclusive on-net minutes apply to on-net calls only and on-net calls will deplete from the inclusive on-net minutes until this is depleted, before depleting the any-net minutes.
Is there a carry-over of the included minutes, SMS and data?
Yes, there is a 1-month carry-over of the inclusive value. Any unused benefits will be carried over to the end of the next calendar month. Thereafter the customer may purchase additional time to rollover any data that may remain.
Can I add a data bundle to get a lower in-bundle data rate?
Data bundles may be added at any time. You can purchase bundles on the Cell C App or dial *147#.
Can I add a voice bundle to increase my minutes?
Yes. Voice bundles may be added at any time. You can purchase bundles on the Cell C App or dial *147#.
Can I change my black subscription?
No. You can activate a difference black subscription service within black. However, you will be liable for the full subscription fee.
What if I already have a black subscription?
As there is a change in registering from black (from email address to MSISDN), a new account will be created using the MSISDN. The system will not update any existing black account. The customer must decide if they wish to keep both accounts or cancel one of the accounts.
Do I still need to purchase content to watch on black?
You will still need to purchase additional subscriptions for any additional content you wish to watch and as well as you will need to pay to rent movies.
Will I get black data every month?
- Currently the Unlimited FREE black streaming promotion applies till 30 June 2019. The inclusive black data applies after the promotion ends.
- The included black data will be allocated daily for the duration of the contract. The black data is FREE and a daily FUP of either 2GB or 4GB applies.
- The black data is allocated daily. A daily FUP of either 2GB or 4GB applies. There is no carryover of any unused black data.
Can I use my black data for any other internet use?
No. black data can only be used for black usage (i.e. on the black platform). No other data usage will be allowed using the inclusive black data.
Can I still watch black if my account is in arrears or hot lined?
No. Your black subscription will be suspended until your account is paid up and re-activated.
What happens to the black subscription if I upgrade, migrate or cancel my contract?
- For migrations and upgrades, the inclusive black subscription service of the new plan will apply.
- Note that customers will not be able to migrate to the original MediaPlay or Pinnacle plans.
- If the customer migrates away from these MediaPlay plans or if the customer cancels, the black account will remain but the included black subscription will be cancelled. Any additional subscriptions or content the customer purchased will remain.
Can I use my black data if I am roaming nationally or internationally?
No. National and International roaming will NOT be allowed.
If I use up all my black data, will I still be able to access and use the black platform?
- However, further black usage will deplete data from your normal allocation of inclusive data.
- If that is also depleted, then the usage will deplete from any available data bundle and finally when no data is available usage will be billed to the customer’s bill at 16c/MB.
How do I check my balance?
You can check your balance in the following ways:
- Download the Cell C App on your Android or iPhone smartphone, or
- Register for Self Service online, or
- Dial *101# to check your balance, or
- Dial *147#.
Unlimited Free black Data Promotion:
All customers who sign up for one of the MediaPlay Mobile plan will qualify for the Unlimited Free black Data Promotion, which ends on 30 June 2019. This Unlimited Free black Data Promotion entitles you to free streaming/browsing of black content on the black platform when you subscribe to one of the black subscription services and/or purchase/rent a movie from the black platform. Once the Unlimited Free black Data Promotion ends on 30 June 2019, the inclusive black data on your plan will apply (where applicable). For full terms and conditions to the Unlimited Free black Data Promotion visit black.
Terms and Conditions - New MediaPlay Mobile Postpaid and TopUp Plans
- The New Cell C MediaPlay plans will be available from 25 April 2019 launch.
- The MediaPlay plans are available on both Postpaid and TopUp for new and existing customers.
- All standard terms and conditions of Cell C Limited and Cell C Service Provider Company (Pty) Ltd apply.
- Customers who take out a SIM card only on the MediaPlay plan will have a choice of Month to Month, 6, 12, 18 or 24-month contract length.
- MediaPlay plans comprising of both a handset and SIM card are available on 24 (twenty-four) month contracts only.
- Customers are allowed to create their own deals by selecting their preferred MediaPlay plan, handset and contract term. Please note that if you choose a MediaPlay plan which includes a handset, you must take a 24 (twenty-four) month contract and you will not be allowed to choose your contract term.
- All prices and usage rates advertised include VAT, unless otherwise stated.
- A once-off SIM and Connection Fee of R199 will be charged for all new activations
- The MediaPlay packages will be available through all Cell C sales channels. Visit cellc.co.za to locate your nearest Cell C store.
- The cost of the customised MediaPlay plan will depend on the handset chosen by the customer.
- All new and existing customers signing up for the MediaPlay plans will be subject to the relevant credit vetting rules.
Subscription and Inclusive Value
- The inclusive value (minutes/SMS/data) on the MediaPlay plans will accrue monthly, on the first day of every month, for the duration of the contract period.
- The first month's inclusive value (minutes/SMS/data) and subscription fee will be pro-rated depending on the date of activation of the selected MediaPlay plan.
- The subscription to black will be part of the monthly inclusive value on all of the MediaPlay plans:
- The black subscription will be available monthly for the period of the contract.
- After the contract terms has come to an end, the chosen MediaPlay plan and the black subscription will continue on a month-to-month basis until such time as it is cancelled.
- On activation of a customer’s MediaPlay Plan, the customers MSISDN must be used to register the customer on the black platform and activate their monthly black subscription. The username and password will be sent to the customer via SMS
- The channels on the inclusive black subscription services are subject to change at any point. This could impact new customer and existing MediaPlay customers
- The inclusive minutes can be used for calls, including Wi-Fi Calling, to any local network in South Africa but cannot be used for International Calling and Roaming, or for premium rated or special number calls.
- There is a one-month carryover of any unused inclusive voice minutes, SMS and data.
- This does not include the black data. Any unused black data will be expired at the end of the month and will not carry over.
- Where the customer has fully depleted the inclusive value available on the MediaPlay plan before the end of the month, the out of bundle rates will apply.
- The billing increment will be per second billing from the 1st second for a voice call and 25KB for data increments.
- Data bundles purchased will be charged at the applicable data bundle rates and added to the customer's monthly invoice as an additional charge or debited against the customer’s available airtime for TopUp customers.
- All out of bundle usage for Postpaid customers will be added to the customer's monthly invoice.
- TopUp customers on the MediaPlay plans will only have access to all services billed out of bundle if they have sufficient airtime available.
- Value Added Services activated at point of sale can be added to the customer's monthly invoice as per customer's request.
- A Fair Usage Policy (FUP) applies on the Unlimited inclusive minutes, SMS or data for the new MediaPlay plans.
International Calling, Roaming and Exclusions
- The existing International Calling and Roaming rates will apply. International Calling and Roaming will be charged as out of bundle usage and added to the customer's monthly invoice.
- International SMS/MMS, Premium Rated SMS/MMS or any other Value-Added Services subscription services or bundle purchases will be charged as out of bundle usage and added to the customer's monthly invoice.
- Community Service Telephones, Low Cost Routing and WASPs/Premium Rated Services will be billed at applicable out of bundle rates.
- Cell C will not be liable for charges incurred where the subscriber dials non-qualifying numbers.
- Data consumption while roaming internationally will not deplete from the inclusive airtime value or any bundles purchased. Data roaming rates will apply and will be charged as out of bundle usage.
FREE Daily black data
- All new MediaPlay plans will qualify for FREE daily black data streaming.
- The FREE daily black data streaming will form part of the monthly MediaPlay inclusive value. A daily Fair Usage Policy (FUP) of 2GB or 4GB will apply, depending on the chosen MediaPlay plan. Once the FUP is depleted, out-of-bundles (OOB) rates for black data will apply. Streaming/browsing on the black platform will be charged at an OOB rate of R0.16 across all MediaPlay plans.
- All customers who activate a new MediaPlay Plan will receive the FREE daily black data streaming on date of activation
- The black data can only be used for the streaming/browsing of black content on the black platform.
- Use of the black data is for on-net usage only, and will not be allowed to be used for National roaming.
- There is no carryover of any unused FREE black data from month to month. Any unused black data value will expire at the end of the day, and will be forfeited.
- Cell C reserves the right to withdraw and/or shorten the availability of the FREE black data streaming on the MediaPlay plans, in its sole and absolute discretion, and will notify customers if it chooses to do so. Customers will not have a claim against Cell C in this event.
- Upward and downward migrations to and from the MediaPlay plans is allowed.
- The outstanding handset value will be carried over to the new contract;
- Existing inclusive benefits and value on the old plan will be forfeited;
- For black, customers will be migrated to the black subscription available on the new plan, if applicable.
- However, customers who migrate out of the MediaPlay plans will lose the inclusive black subscription and FREE black data streaming.
- Migration fees may apply to all migrations.
- Standard Cell C cancellation fees and penalties apply should a customer wish to cancel their contract early, on one of the MediaPlay plans.
- This cancellation fee will include all remaining handset costs and any migration fees, as well as any outstanding usage charges, if any. Visit the nearest Cell C store for more information on contract cancellation.
- The inclusive monthly black subscription will also be cancelled.
- Existing Cell C Postpaid and TopUp customers that are due for an upgrade will be allowed to upgrade to the MediaPlay plans.
- Existing benefits and inclusive value on the old plan will be forfeited
- If a customer does not comply with these terms and conditions and/or the processes applicable, Cell C reserves the right to refuse the customer from taking up the MediaPlay offer
- Cell C reserves the right to suspend the MediaPlay plans, in its sole discretion, including when any fraudulent activity is suspected, and if the outcome of an investigation proves that fraudulent activity did occur, Cell C shall be entitled to terminate the contract with the customer.
- Cell C reserves the right to withdraw and/or shorten the availability of MediaPlay plans, and/or remove certain elements of the MediaPlay plans, in its sole and absolute discretion, and will notify customers if it chooses to do so. Customers will not have a claim against Cell C in this event.
- It is important that you understand that all customers who sign up for the Cell C MediaPlay plans indemnify Cell C, its directors, affiliates, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, suppliers, contractors and sponsors against any loss or damages, either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from their use of the MediaPlay plans.