There are 3 ways to get the settings needed to activate the Internet/data/GPRS and to send and receive MMS.
1The first way to request your settings is by dialling the *147# service from your cellphone.
- Request settings at anytime by simply dialling *147#
- You will then receive the data and MMS settings on your cellphone.
- All you have to do is to save the settings you receive.
- If prompted for a PIN, please enter 1234.
- Then switch off your cellphone and turn it on again after a few seconds.
2Or you can call the call centre
Call the Cell C Customer Care line on 135 free of charge from your Cell C cellphone or 084 135 from your landline at standard cellular rates. You can either select the option to activate MMS/GPRS settings or speak to a consultant who will walk you through activation step by step.
3Finally you can add the settings yourself:
To set up your cell phone for data or MMS, go to the internet settings menu on your phone and set the APN to Internet and the MMS APN to MMS. The proxy to 196.031.116.250, and the MMS port to 8080.CellC
Please note: Not all Smartphones accept over-the-air (OTA) settings to be sent via SMS. For example, if you have a BlackBerry or Android device, you'll need to manually set up your MMS/GPRS/INTERNET settings on the phone. Fortunately, it's not that tricky - just follow the instructions listed here for BlackBerry and here for Android.