As a Cell C Prepaid or Top Up customer you can conveniently share airtime with another Cell C Prepaid or Top Up customer from your cellphone free of charge, anywhere, anytime. It is the ideal way to stay in touch with friends and family.
You simply dial *147# and select option 3 to opt-in to the Airtime Share service, and start sharing airtime. There are no fees associated with the transactions, for both sharing and receiving airtime. Your airtime transactional values will be deducted from your available airtime balance.
You can share from one of the following predefined amounts of R5, R10, R20 or R30 in a single transaction. The minimum transactional sharing value is R5 with a maximum sharing transactional value of R1000 per day and a maximum sharing limit of R10 000 per month.
To register and share airtime, follow these easy steps:
1Dial *147# and select Airtime Share.
2Select "Activate Airtime Share and start sharing airtime"
3Select the amount you want to share.
4Enter the Cell C Prepaid or Top Up cellphone number.
5Confirm your transaction.
After step 5 is completed, both you and the recipient of the airtime will receive an SMS confirming the transaction.
Once registered, you can also share airtime using the following direct USSD string,
Dial *147*333* recipient cellphone number* amount#
You can also request airtime from another Cell C Prepaid or Top Up customer,
Dial *147*01*sponsor cellphone number *amount #
Can airtime be shared to all Customers?
Airtime can only be shared to active Cell C Prepaid and Top Up and customers.
If the customer selects the incorrect cellphone number, can the transaction be reversed?
Airtime Share transactions will not be reversed once completed successfully. The customer can cancel the transaction if it's still in progress, however cannot be reversed if completed.
Can a customer share any amount of airtime?
Customers can only share the specified denominations available; R5, R10, R20 or R30.
Can a Top Up customer share their inclusive values?
Top Up Customers cannot share any of their Free inclusive value or minutes, SMS and Data that they receive on their package. Only Rand Value from their airtime recharges can be shared.
Will the customer receiving the airtime get SUPACHARGE or MegaBonus benefits?
SUPACHARGE or MegaBonus benefits are only applicable when recharging, therefore customers receiving airtime via the Airtime Share service will not receive any SUPACHARGE or MegaBonus benefits. Promotional airtime bonuses do not apply to Airtime Share.
How can customers view their balances?
Customers can view their balances under the balance menu on *147#.
Can the airtime received from Airtime Share be used for any service?
Customers cannot use the airtime from Airtime Share to pay for any Emergency Airtime transactions. Customers will be allowed to use the airtime received from Airtime Share to purchase any Cell C offers including data bundles, Blackberry services, etc.
- All Cell C Prepaid and Top Up customers are eligible to use the Airtime Share service.
- Customers are required to opt-in for the Airtime Share service via *147#.
- Customers will be able to share airtime via *147#.
- The party sending the airtime and the party receiving the airtime will both receive an SMS stating the amount of airtime that has been shared and the sender's cellphone number.
- Airtime sharing transactions will not be reversed once such transactions have been completed successfully.
- Customers may only share the pre-defined rand value amounts available; i.e. R5, R10, R20 or R30.
- Customers will only be able to share airtime in rand value from recharges performed and cannot share free and/or inclusive minutes, SMS, MMS or Data;
- Customers may not share any free and/or bonus airtime given in competitions or incentives from Cell C as part of a promotion or competition.
- All active Cell C Prepaid and Top Up customers will be able to share and receive airtime from another active Cell C Prepaid and Top Up customers.
- Prepaid and Top Up customers will not be able to share airtime to contract customers.
- The service is FREE; the rand value amount shared will be deducted from the customer's available airtime balance.
- Top Up customers may not share any of the inclusive benefits included in their package.
- If the Top Up customer's SIM card is locked/blocked or the customer's account is suspended or deactivated, for any reason, the customer will not be able to complete any transactions.
- The minimum sharing value is R5 (five rand) and the maximum sharing value is up to R1000 (one thousand rand) per day and R10 000 (ten thousand rand) per month.
- Customers cannot use their Emergency Airtime credit to share airtime to another Prepaid or Top Up customer.
- Customers can only send one request for airtime daily.
- Cell C may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions in its sole and absolute discretion and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. Cell C will notify customers before Cell C amends or otherwise changes the terms and conditions. By continuing to participate in and/or use the service, you agree and understand that you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.
- Cell C and any of its agents, directors, affiliates, members or employees shall not be responsible in any way for claims, loss or damages (either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise), arising from customers' use of the service.
- Cell C has the right to withdraw, or shorten the duration of the service in its sole discretion and absolute discretion and will notify customers if it chooses to do so. Customers will not have a claim against Cell C in this event.