WHAT IS EMERGENCY DATA?
A customer, who has run out of Cell C airtime or Cell C data, can use the service to obtain Emergency Data.
IT'S REALLY SIMPLE
Just dial *147# from your Cell C phone and follow the prompts for Emergency Data found under "Emergency Recharge".
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
You only pay a R1 Access Fee per transaction.
WHAT DATA AMOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE?
|Emergency Daily Data Bundles|
|EMERGENCY DATA DENOMINATIONS (DAILY DATA BUNDLES)||PRICE||ACCESS FEE||TOTAL AMOUNT TO BE REPAID|
|25MB||R 4.00||R1||R 5.00|
|65MB||R 9.00||R1||R 10.00|
|120MB||R 14.00||R1||R 15.00|
|500MB||R 17.00||R1||R 18.00|
|1024MB||R 20.00||R1||R 21.00|
|Emergency 30- Data Bundles|
|EMERGENCY DATA DENOMINATIONS (30-DAY DATA BUNDLES)||PRICE||ACCESS FEE||TOTAL AMOUNT TO BE REPAID|
|750MB (1024MB Night Data)||R 80.00||R1||R 81.00|
|1024MB (2048MB Night Data)||R 100.00||R1||R 101.00|
*Only available to qualifying customers.
What is Emergency Data?
- A customer, who has run out of Cell C airtime and/or or Cell C data, can use the service to obtain Emergency Data
- The Emergency Data denominations shall be split into two categories: Daily Data and 30-day Data Bundles:
- Daily Data Bundles: 25MB; 65MB; 120MB; 500MB; 1024MB; &
- 30-day Data Bundles: 40MB; 100MB; 300MB; 750MB (1024MB Night Data) and 1024MB (2048MB Night Data) with the pricing stipulated under the current product.
What are the benefits of using Emergency Data?
- You can stay connected via data services (Facebook, WhatsApp, etc) when you are unable to recharge or buy more airtime.
Who is this service available to?
- Emergency Data is available to all Prepaid and TopUp customers who:
- Have been on the Cell C Network for a minimum period of 2 months prior to the date of request for Emergency Airtime; and
- Have recharged with R20 per month on average for the last 2 months.
- Customers can see if they qualify for the service by dialling *147*7# or *147#
How do I get to access to Emergency Data?
- Simply dial *147*7# or *147# and select Emergency Data to access the service.
How do I activate Emergency Data?
- Dial *147*7# or *147# and select Emergency Data and then choose any of the options presented to you.
How do I check my data balance?
- Simply dial *101# or dial *147# and select option 2 for a detailed balance enquiry
- Download and make use of the Cell C App
- Login onto Self Service on our Cell C website to get your balance.
How do I pay for the Emergency Data transaction?
- When you recharge your account Cell C will deduct the Emergency Data balance outstanding as well as the Access Fee (A flat access fee of R1.00 (one rand) will be charged by Cell C per Emergency Data transaction when you use the Service.)
How many times can I apply for Emergency Data?
- There is no limit to the amount of times you can request an Emergency Data transaction.
- You first have to pay any outstanding Emergency Data balances, including the Access Fee before you qualify for a new Emergency Data transaction.
What services can I use with Emergency Data?
- Emergency Data can be used for any data service on the Cell C Network in South Africa.
What happens if I recharge with less than what I owe on my Emergency Data balance?
- Example: You request an Emergency Data transaction of R12.00 (by requesting a 30MB 30-day Data Bundle). The total amount that you should pay back is R13.00
- This is the Emergency Data transaction of R12 plus the Access Fee of R1.00.
You recharge with R5 only and don't have any airtime? Why?
- The R5.00 you recharged with was taken towards the payment of the Emergency Data transaction.
- You have an outstanding balance of R8.00 (for example) that still needs to be paid towards the Emergency Data transaction.
- You recharge with another R10.00. The R8.00 is taken towards the Emergency Data outstanding balance and you have R2.00 that you can use as airtime.
When I receive Emergency Data, do I get SUPACHARGE or MegaBonus benefits?
- No, SUPACHARGE or MegaBonus benefits are not applicable.
Can I contact the call centre to ask an agent to request an Emergency Data transaction on my behalf?
- No, this service is only available via *147*7# or *147#
How do I get a higher Emergency Data Denomination than what the USSD menu is showing me?
- You are only shown the denominations that you qualify for, based on your recharge history.
- If you increase your recharges over time and you pay back your advances timeously, you will be in a position to get a greater Emergency Data Denomination.
Can I get an Emergency Airtime and Emergency Data advance at the same time?
- You may take out a single Emergency Airtime advance as well as a single Emergency Data advance at the same time if you qualify for both.
- Cell C shall claw back the earliest outstanding advance first when you recharge for example if you take out an airtime advance on 1st June of R5 and then take out a Data advance on 2nd June of 30MB and perform a recharge of R5 on 4th June, the R5 airtime shall be clawed back for the Emergency Airtime transaction of R5.
I cannot access the Emergency Data service via *147#, option 7
- Cell C may be experiencing unusually high volumes at the moment. Please try again shortly or call the customer care centre on 084 140.
Emergency Data Terms and Conditions
- It is important that you understand and agree to these terms and conditions before you use Cell C's Emergency Data Service (“the Service”).
- All standard Terms and Conditions of Cell C and Cell C Service Provider apply to the Service.
- All prices and usage rates advertised include VAT, unless otherwise stated.
- The Service is available to Cell C Prepaid and Top Up customers who have recharged with at least R20 (twenty rand) per month for the last 2 (two) months and who have been active on the Cell C network for 2 (two) months or more.
- A customer, who has run out of Cell C airtime or Cell C data, can use the service to obtain Emergency Data.
- The Emergency Data advance denominations shall be split into two categories: Daily Data and 30-day Data Bundles.
- 30-Day Data Bundles shall only be available as a once-off occurrence as customers need to pay off their outstanding Data advance amount before they qualify for their next one.
- Daily Data and 30-day Data Bundles advances will be based on a Rand value conversion i.e. if a customer qualifies for R30, the customer shall be able to get a Data advance of, for example, a 100MB 30-day Data Bundle.
- A customer, who has run out of Cell C airtime and/or data, can use the Service to obtain Emergency Data.
- The following Data denominations shall be available: Daily Data Bundles: 25MB; 65MB; 120MB; 500MB; 1024MB; & 30-day Data Bundles: 40MB; 100MB; 300MB; 750MB (1024MB Night Data) and 1024MB (2048MB Night Data) with the pricing stipulated under the current product.
- 30-day and Emergency Data Bundles do not carry over and will be forfeited if not used within 30 days. Expiry dates of 30-day Emergency Data Bundles cannot be extended.
- Customers will be presented with the data denominations that they qualify for based on their profile.
- A flat fee for the Service ("Access Fee") of R1.00 (one rand) will be charged by Cell C per Emergency Data transaction for a combination of third party costs; arranging, operating and keeping up maintenance of the emergency airtime Service; and sustaining the software required for all of the required functionality. Cell C recovers the Access Fee for and on behalf of a service provider known as Airvantage (Pty) Ltd.
- The total amount payable by the customer will be the Access Fee together with the rand value of the Data that has been provided to the customer ("the total value"). The customer will be liable to pay the total value. When the customer recharges, the total value must be paid. For example, if a customer uses the Service and is provided with a 30MB 30-day Data Bundle valued at R12.00, the customer will be liable to pay R12.00 (rand value of the Data Bundle) plus R1.00 (Access Fee) which equals R13 (total value to be paid).
- Should the customer recharge with a lower denomination than that of the total value, the full amount of the recharge will be deducted until the full cumulative value of the Emergency Data and Access Fee has been paid.
- A customer will only be allowed to use the Service again once the previous total value has been paid by the customer.
- The customer can dial *147*7# or *147# to access the Service.
- Customers that have not paid Cell C the total value and who wish to migrate to a post-paid package would first need to settle their outstanding airtime balance before they are able to migrate.
- The customer can pay for the Service (i.e. the total value) by loading Cell C airtime.
- The Data provided with the Service can be used for any local data usage.
- No recharge bonuses or promotions will be provided to the customer in terms of the Service. In other words, products and promotions like SUPACHARGE or MegaBonus will not be applicable to the data provided to the customer.
- Emergency Daily Data and 30-day Data Bundles cannot be shared or transferred.
- Cell C and Airvantage may amend, modify or otherwise change these terms and conditions in its sole and absolute discretion on notice to you and the amended version will be displayed in the same media as these terms and conditions. Cell C will notify you before Cell C amends or otherwise changes the terms and conditions. By continuing to participate in and/or purchase either of the Service, you agree and understand that you will be bound by the amended terms and conditions.
- As and when necessary, you consent to us obtaining, using, storing and/or disclosing your personal information provided to us to our agents and/or consultants and/or trade partners and/or Service Providers, but only to the extent necessary and in order to provide seamless and proper Services to you.
- Cell C, Airvantage and any of its agents, directors, affiliates, members or employees shall not be responsible in any way for claims, loss or damages (either direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise), arising from customers' use of the Services. Cell C shall not be held liable in the event that, for any reason whatsoever, the Emergency Data Services are not available or you experience any technical issues arising from your use of these Services.
- Cell C and Airvantage has the right to withdraw, or shorten the duration of either of the Services, or amend the Access Fee in its sole discretion and absolute discretion and will notify customers if it chooses to do so. Customers will not have a claim against Cell C and Airvantage in this event.